6/26/11

Do I Want to Be A Kid In My Class?

I have been taking a class this summer and the teacher had my partner and I work out a problem that we got wrong. She pushed us and pushed us and I did not like it. I was not happy, but I fought through it. It reminded me about a blog post I read about how it be to be a student in my classroom. So how would it be? How would I like to learn? What would I like to do? How would I like the room set up so I can learn? What would I like my rules to be? How would I want to be treated in any given situation? Do I hear the answers my students are asking? These are important questions that I feel I need to answer this year.

Going back to the summer class I took, The feeling I had was one that I am not sure I want them to feel. I push my students to do well. I need to pay more attention to how I far I push. Where does the learning end and the frustration begin. I did not learn a that day and I was so much less attentive the rest of the class. I do not want that to happen to my fifth graders. I want them to push themselves without the frustration that drives them away, but with the drive to have them go further. This is going to require more attention and listening on my part.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: